Lemongrass and tarragon take rice and beans to a new level! Lemongrass brings out the herbs and the tomatoes. The tarragon pairs well with the tomatoes and creates a new flavor profile that you will find exciting with each bite. Loaded with beans, corn and zucchini and only 310 calories per cup. It is high in fiber and contains 10 grams of protein helping you stay full and content.
Recipe Type: Dinner
Serving Size: 2 cups
Makes 3.5 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass (recommend the paste found in tubes)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon tarragon
- ½ teaspoon basil
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- Heat olive oil in a medium sauce pan.
- Add zucchini and sauté for about 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add spices and continue to sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add beans, tomatoes, and corn and sauté for 5 more minutes.
- Add brown rice and heat through.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||310 (60 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||55g (9g dietary fiber, 6g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.