- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces whole grain rotini
- ½ pound asparagus
- ½ cup green peas
- To roast garlic, slice the top off of a head of garlic and place it in a large piece of tin foil. Wrap the bottom and sides, leaving the top open.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top, then wrap the exposed portion with remaining tin foil. Roast at 400°F for 30–35 minutes. Once cooled, the garlic will be soft like butter and easily squeeze out of the tough shells.
- Mix roasted garlic, lemon juice, and salt together to form a sauce. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. During the last 3 minutes of boiling the pasta, add the asparagus and green peas. Drain and toss with lemon sauce.
- Serve warm. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and black pepper, if desired.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||350 (60 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||63g (14g dietary fiber, 11g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.