Brown butter is one of my favorite things to cook chicken in. It creates a nutty aroma and a slightly sweet flavor. This recipe is a delicious meal that only takes 6 ingredients and 15 minutes of your time. The slightly sweet browned butter acts as a dressing over the arugula. I prefer arugula in a salad, since it adds a slightly peppery flavor to the meal. You will find that this meal will give you the needed fat, but will also be absolutely delicious!
Keto Browned Butter Chicken
Recipe Type: Lunch/dinner
Serving Size: 1 salad
Makes 1 serving
- ¼ cup butter (ghee for paleo)
- 3 ounces chicken
- ½ teaspoon garlic
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Stir it continuously, until it bubbles, turns a golden color, and it gives off a nutty aroma.
- Quickly add the chicken. Spoon the butter onto the chicken, then turn until the chicken is thoroughly cooked through.
- Sprinkle with garlic.
- Top the arugula with the chicken, then drizzle the remaining butter over the arugula as a dressing.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||530 (430 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||3g (1g dietary fiber, 1g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.