This recipe is delicious hot or cold and so quick! It only takes twelve minutes. Twelve minutes to cook quinoa and chicken. This is perfect for those crazy nights when dinner was forgotten about. And it's hard to justify hitting the drive-through on the way home when you can have a meal that’s more nutritious and ready just as fast!
Instant Pot Quinoa Burrito bowl
Recipe Type: Lunch/Dinner
Serving Size: 2 cups
Makes 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 20 ounces of rotel
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pound chicken
- Tortilla strips
- Green onions, chopped
- Romaine lettuce
- Place the olive oil, garlic yellow pepper and quinoa into the pot. Select the sauté function and sauté for two minutes or until the garlic is fragrant and the quinoa is toasted. Turn the sauté function off.
- In the pot, add the chicken broth, salsa, rotel, black beans, and chicken.
- Turn the instant pot on high pressure and cook for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, allow to naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Dish out the bowl and top with your choice of cilantro, green onions, and romaine lettuce.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||500 (100 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||58g (13g dietary fiber, 6g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.