This soup is so hearty and the perfect meal for any weeknight dinner. It is bold flavor with just a hint of heat. This soup is a favorite that anyone will enjoy, it is one of those vegan recipes that I can sneak past my family without them realizing that we are having a meatless meal. I love being able to put all the ingredients into the pot and then just walk away. It really is a time saver when I am not having to stand over the oven.
Instant Pot Lentil Tortilla Soup
Recipe Type: Lunch/dinner
Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
Makes 8 servings
- 1 pound lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 10 ounces frozen corn
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 64 ounces low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (10-ounce) rotel
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 (15-ounce) cans low sodium black beans
- Tortilla strips
- Cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all the ingredients, except black beans into the instant pot.
- Turn the instant pot on high pressure and cook for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, naturally release for 10 minutes and then turn the vent to quick release.
- Mix in canned black beans.
- If you desire top with tortilla strips, avocado slices, or shredded cheese. Enjoy!
*Nutrition analysis done without toppings.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||390 (10 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||73g (17g dietary fiber, 9g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.