This sandwich is a huge crowd pleaser! Cooked in a purée with soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and garlic. The pear adds a touch of sweetness and is a meat tenderizer, making the beef super easy to shred. Then we serve it on a ciabatta roll with delicious kimchi, cilantro, and a spicy mayonnaise to really make this a unique and memorable sandwich.
Instant Pot Korean Beef Sandwiches
Recipe Type: Dinner
Serving Size: 1 sandwich
Makes 8 servings
- ½ (15-ounce) can of pears, drained
- 2 tablespoons ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 lbs top sirloin, raw or frozen
For the Sandwich
- 8 whole wheat ciabatta rolls
- 2 cups kimchi, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup sriracha
- 1 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Purée pears, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Trim fat off of meat, and cut into a few large pieces.
- Place meat in pressure cooker and cover with puréed sauce.
- Cook on high pressure (manual) for 30 minutes if sirloin is raw or for 45 minutes if sirloin is frozen.
- Quick release.
- Shred beef in cooker.
To assemble the sandwich
- Slice the ciabatta roll to be like a hamburger bun.
- Mix mayo, sriracha, and lime together to make a spicy mayo. Spread about 2 tablespoons evenly on the inside of the roll.
- Add about ⅓ cup of shredded beef, ¼ cup kimchi, and 2 tablespoons cilantro to sandwich. Enjoy.
*Nutrition analysis done with half of pear sauce
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||560 (200 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||55g (8g dietary fiber, 9g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.