Rice is one of those things that I love, but it always seems to be what I am waiting on to finish cooking meals. This fried rice recipe is made entirely in the instant pot and even the rice is cooked to perfection and fast. I love when you can make a delicious meal with simple ingredients and when it is almost entirely hands off! While the instant pot does its thing you have time to get some other stuff done—get in a quick 30 minute workout, fold the laundry, or catch up on your favorite T.V. show!
Instant Pot Fried Rice
Recipe Type: Lunch/Dinner/Side Dish
Serving Size: 1 cup
Makes 8 servings
- 2 cups brown rice
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup ham diced
- 2 eggs, optional
- Place all the ingredients into the instant pot.
- Turn the instant pot on high pressure and cook for 20 min and then do a 10 minute natural release.
- After 10 minutes open the vent and quick release the rest of the way.
- If you would like while waiting for the pressure to release you can scramble the eggs and add them in at the end.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||170 (50 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||19g (3g dietary fiber, 2g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.