When it comes to a good workout, you want to be sure to eliminate any factors that might cramp your style. Underwear that rides up, a shirt that refuses to wick away sweat, or leggings that fit too tightly are all reasons that you might not be getting the most out of your exercise routine. At iFit, we’re a team of fitness enthusiasts with zero tolerance for underperforming attire (and equipment)! We’ve tried it all: the good, the bad, and even the ugly. We know that everyone’s body is different and everyone’s needs are different, but we all seem to want the same things out of our fitness attire—to feel comfortable, have the right fit, and look good while wearing it. That being said, we took a poll around iFit, and here are the men’s top choices in fitness attire (with their reasons why).
Our Favorite Undergarments
- Saxx Underwear is super soft and offers a 3D hammock-shaped pouch designed to keep everything in place.
- Under Armour’s Original Series 9″ Boxerjock 2-Pack are lightweight and stretchy, with fast-drying, anti-odor fabric to keep your boys fresh, even during the sweatiest of workouts.
- These Nike Dri-Fit Men’s 3/4 Yoga Tights are extra soft and they dry quickly. The tight fit closely follows your body’s shape so you can flow freely throughout your workout.
- The Lululemon Surge Light 3/4 Tight is made with quick-drying, sweat-wicking fabric that is lightweight to help keep things dry, yet breezy, even during the most intense cardio workouts.
Our Favorite Bottoms
- Lululemon’s T.H.E. Short is lightweight and made with four-way, sweat-wicking fabric featuring side slits for maximum mobility.
- These Nike Flex Men’s 8” Training Shorts are made with stretchy, sweat-wicking fabric and even feature an adjustable waistband to make sure you are getting the perfect fit!
- Lululemon’s ABC PANT CLASSIC 37″ are versatile pants that offer a casual fit made with extra soft, technical fabric, giving you the freedom of movement, plus all-day comfort.
- Lululemon’s ABC Jogger features four-way stretch, sweat-wicking fabric and is specifically engineered to give your boys room to breathe for maximum comfort.
Our Favorite Tops
- NOBULL’s Men’s NOBULL Tee is perfectly simple. It’s a lightweight, breathable t-shirt with a regular fit to help you stay comfortable during your most demanding workouts.
- Lululemon’s Metal Vent Tech Short Sleeve shirt features strategic venting with anti-stink technology that keeps you smelling fresh, even during your sweatiest workout sessions.
- NOBULL’s Men’s NOBULL tank is a counterpart to the above mentioned simple tee. Lightweight and breathable with a regular fit, this comfortable tank is a basic essential to your fitness wardrobe.
- Lululemon’s Metal Vent Tech Surge Tank is breathable, seamless, and made from mesh fabric for maximum airflow with anti-odor technology, so you can keep wearing it throughout the day.
Our Favorite Footwear
- These Nike Dri-FIT Cushioned Crew training socks are made with sweat-wicking fabric, mesh panels, and arch compression for the most comfortable fit.
- NOBULL’s White Camo Trainer (Men’s) features an outsole lug pattern designed for multi-environment usage, allowing for an easy transition between inside and outside with the right blend of flexibility, traction and support.
Keep in mind that a perfect fit varies from person to person. You may like your shirt a little tighter, and someone else might like it a little looser—it all depends on what you feel comfortable in. When choosing the right fitness attire choose something that fits your body and your specific workout routine. Feeling confident can help you stay motivated throughout your workout, so make sure you’re feeling good in your fitness gear!
Be sure to let us know your favorite fitness essentials in the comments below!