This bowl is filled with vegetables that you can find in abundance in the summer. To bump up the flavor, we marinated the veggies in a Basil Vinaigrette. I like to use the extra marinade as a dressing for this bowl, but it will add extra calories. The marinade is so yummy with the chewy quinoa, creamy cheese, and cherry tomatoes. This is a large bowl, so feel free to eat less by cutting the serving size if half, if desired.
Grilled Veggie Quinoa Bowl
Recipe Type: Lunch/dinner
Serving Size: 1 bowl
Makes 4 servings
- 1 medium yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- ½ eggplant, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thick strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced into thick strips
- 4 cups cooked quinoa
- 4 ounces mozzarella, grated
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¾ cup canola oil
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head of garlic, minced
- 2–3 cups fresh basil leaves/tops
- Blend all the ingredients for the Basil Vinaigrette until smooth.
- Chop veggies and toss with basil vinaigrette in a large bowl.
- Let soak for at least 15 minutes.
- Take veggies straight from the marinade, then grill in batches until all of the vegetables have been cooked—about 4 minutes on each side or until tender.
- Set marinade aside.
- Assemble quinoa bowls with 2 cups grilled veggies, 1 cup quinoa, 1 ounce mozzarella, and ½ cup cherry tomatoes.
- If you’d like, drizzle extra dressing on top.
*Nutrition analysis done with ¼ of marinade. Adding it as a dressing will increase calories.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||490 (190 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||59g (12g dietary fiber, 13g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.