Do you know that you can grill asparagus….and that it’s absolutely delicious? I don’t like dirtying pots if I can help it, so if I’m grilling meat, I like to do my veggies right alongside. So next time you’re cooking a burger or grillin’ some chicken, spice up your boring asparagus by adding it to the grill with a little lemon and garlic. Yum!
Recipe Type: Side
Serving Size: 3-5 depending on size
Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound asparagus, washed and trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Coat the asparagus with olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and pepper.
- Cook the asparagus over medium heat, turning every minute until cooked (about five minutes).
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||60 (30 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||6g (3g dietary fiber, 2g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.