The booty is one of the areas most find difficult to tone. By most I mean particularly women, since the majority of the female population claims to struggle losing weight and tightening this area.
If you want to follow along with iFit’s head trainer, Becca Capell, you can do all of these workouts with her HERE.
1. Bird Dogs (Opposite Extending)-Get down on all fours, lift and extend opposite arm and leg, alternating each side.
2. Plie Squats-Take your feet out wide with toes pointed out at a 45 degree angle. Place your hands behind your head and lower into a plie squat. When you come up from your plie squat, crunch your elbow to your knee.
3. Clamshells-Lie on your side on the floor with your legs together and knees bent at a 45 degree angle. Bring your feet off the floor and keep them touching, raise your right knee as high as you can without moving your hips, and your left leg should stay on the floor. Pause at the top and then come back down. Repeat. (Think of the motion a clamshell makes and mimic it.)
4. Hip Raises-Lie on your back and plant your feet as close to your glutes as you can. Lift and push your glutes up, then lower and repeat. For more of a challenge, take it to a marching hip raise, single leg alternating. (Make sure you form a straight line from your shoulders to your hips to your knees.)
5. Squats-Keep your toes straight forward, bend at the hips, sit back into it, and then drop into the squat. Drive up and repeat. (Keep your back straight.)
6. Leg Lifts-Get down on all fours. Straighten one leg and pulse up for 3 and out to the side for 3. Then switch legs.
7. Barn Doors-Find a wall and stand sideways to it. Lift up your foot and knee so they’re at the same height, then pull forward and back wall to wall. Tap your foot back to the wall and then pull your knee up to the wall. Switch sides.
8. Donkey Kicks-Find a wall and face it. Pull your knee up into your chest and then kick your leg out, foot pointing down.
9. Lunges-Start with foot in front and pulse down in the lunge. Then take it to pulse hops coming off the ground a bit. Switch legs and repeat. Then head into jump lunges, jumping and alternating lunges on each leg.
10. Foot Stamps-Take it to a regular squat position with your toes forward. Take your feet and tap them out to the side, alternating feet, and staying low in that squat position.
You’ll perform each exercise for one minute on each side. Make sure to always do the other side so you work your body out evenly. Start working your booty today!
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.