- 1½ tablespoons yeast
- ¾ cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½-2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup diced green bell peppers
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- ½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F. If using a pizza stone, place it in the oven while it’s preheating.
- Add yeast and warm water into a mixer and allow to sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Using a dough hook, mix in sugar, salt, garlic powder, basil, oil, and flour. Start with 1 ½ cups flour, start mixing, and add more flour gradually until the dough forms a ball around the hook, and the sides of the bowl are clean. Let rest 5 minutes. Remove from bowl and knead for 5 minutes, then allow to rest 5 minutes.
- Roll out until round and about ¼-½ inch thick, depending on preference.
- Place on hot pizza stone or greased cookie sheet and poke with a fork to prevent bubbling.
- Bake 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with sauce, veggies, and cheese.
- Place back in oven and heat until cheese melts—about 3 minutes.
- Slice into 8ths and enjoy!
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||400 (120 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||54g (9g dietary fiber, 5g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.