- 6 eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 6 cups spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 sausage patties (read ingredients to choose best option)
- 6 slices of pepper jack cheese
- 6 whole-wheat English muffins
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a six-tin muffin pan thoroughly, then set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs with the milk. Set aside.
- In a skillet, sauté the spinach in the olive oil.
- Once the spinach begins to wilt, season with the spices.
- Stir the cooked spinach into the eggs.
- Pour equal amounts of the egg-and-spinach mixture into the muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the eggs are baking, cook the sausage patties in the pan and toast the English muffins.
- To assemble, place the sausage patty, then the egg, then cheese slice on top of half of an English muffin.
- Add the other half of the muffin, then compress. (This makes the eggs flatten to cover the entire sandwich.)
- Wrap the sandwich in foil, then place in a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Freeze for busy mornings.
- To reheat, remove from plastic bag and foil, then microwave for 1 minute.
- Remove the top half of the English muffin, then microwave for another 1½ minutes. (Cooking times will vary, depending on your microwave.)
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||480 (280 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||32g (5g dietary fiber, 7g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.