- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 4 onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 cup red wine
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 8 cups beef broth
- 8 ounces fresh tortellini
- Parmesan optional topping
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large a pot, pelt the butter. Toss in onions, garlic, bay leaves, thyme, salt, and pepper and cook for about 30 minutes or until the onions are caramelized.
- Add the red wine and bring to a boil. Continually stir to keep the onions from burning and cook until the wine has evaporated.
- When the onions are dry, whisk in the flour and stir continually. Cook on medium low for 10 minutes.
- Add the beef broth and bring to a boil.
- Place in the tortellini and cook for 8 minutes or until the tortellini is cooked to desired tenderness.
- Serve warm topped with parmesan, if desired.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||220 (100 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||20g (2g dietary fiber, 3g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.