- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup shredded almonds
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups eggplant, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 12 ounces whole grain pasta, cooked according to package.
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add onions, garlic, almonds, raisins, and pepper, stirring constantly, until onions are translucent.
- Stir in eggplant, sugar, cinnamon, cocoa, and thyme. Heat for 5 more minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce and balsamic vinegar.
- Heat to a boil, lower heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Toss with pasta and serve warm.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||450 (200 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||58g (9g dietary fiber, 15g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.