- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 6 medium carrots, diced
- 6 celery ribs, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 sprigs lemon thyme (regular is fine, too)
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- ½ teaspoon tarragon
- 10 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 (16-ounce) package of Grandma’s Egg Noodles (or other Frozen Egg Noodles)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 fresh lemon, juiced
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add the onion, carrots, celery, peas, garlic, bay leaves, and thyme.
- Sauté for 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent and the vegetables are tender.
- Add the pepper, tarragon, and chicken broth.
- Cut the meat off the rotisserie chicken and add to the pot.
- Bring the soup to a boil and add the noodles. Cook to desired tenderness.
- Prior to serving, add fresh parsley and lemon juice.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||250 (45 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||38g (6g dietary fiber, 7g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.