- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 2 cups brown rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 (15-ounce) can lite coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¾ cup green onions, chopped
- 2½ cups pineapple, chopped
- ¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¾ cup cashews
- 2½ cups mandarin oranges
- Heat charcoals until they’re hot and start to turn white.
- In a large (12-inch) dutch oven, mix chicken, rice, curry, coconut milk, chicken broth, peas, bell peppers, and celery. Cover.
- Place dutch oven over 7 hot charcoals and place 14 hot charcoals on top of the lid.
- Bake for about 2 hours (check after 1 hour) until rice is fully cooked and chicken is shreddable.
- Shred chicken, then stir thoroughly.
- Serve with desired toppings.
*Nutrition analysis done with suggested toppings.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||400 (130 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||51g (5g dietary fiber, 10g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.