Learn how to set up your iFit Duo for the first time.
Congrats on your new Duo! Now, you’re probably wondering what to do next? Well, that’s what we’re going to cover today. We’ll go over initial setup and a few features to get you started.
Wake Up Your Duo
Before you do anything else, make sure your Duo is out of shipping mode. Here’s how:
- Make sure the LCD screen is facing you. For the round Space and Cloud models, lift the face from the bottom, twist, then snap back in. For the square Knight model, slide the face to the right, flip it over, then slide to the right again to snap it in place. (This is assuming the analog side is facing you.)
- Press and hold the upper-left and lower-left buttons at the same time for 3 seconds.
Essentially, this “wakes up” your Duo. After this, you should be good to continue the rest of setup.
Set the Time
Since there are two faces on the Duo, there are two ways to set the time.
For the analog side:
Pull the crown out, turn to adjust the hands to the correct time, then push it back in.
For the digital side:
Set the time by syncing with the app.
Pair Your Duo to the App
Next, you’ll want to pair your Duo to the iFit Coach app, so that you can sync your stats. Here’s how:
- Depending on your phone, download iFit Coach from the App Store or Google Play.
- If you’re an existing iFit member, simply log in like normal (either with Facebook or your email/username and password). If you’re new to iFit, click Join to create an account and enter the required information.
- Then, follow the instructions to fill out your profile. (For members, your information may already be saved from your account, so you’ll just need to verify that everything is correct.)
- After you’ve filled out or verified your profile, you’ll come to a screen where you’ll select your wearable. Swipe to the right until you see the Duo and tap the image to select.
- On your Duo, hold the left top and bottom buttons from either a blank screen or the Time and Date screen. The word SYNC will appear, along with the pairing number of your Duo. (It’s important that Bluetooth® is enabled on your phone, and your Duo and phone are close to one another.)
- On the app, you should see your Duo (and its pairing number) appear. Tap Connect to pair.
- If successful, you’ll see a message that says “You’re connected!”
- Once paired, you can sync your stats to the app anytime!
After all this, you’ll be prompted to set your alerts and take a quick walk-through.
Once you’re in the app, you can manually sync by pulling down on the Home screen (where Today’s Plan and Dashboard are). However, after your first sync, your Duo will remember your phone and automatically sync whenever Bluetooth® is enabled on your phone and the app is open.
We recommend syncing often so that your account is always up-to-date!
Regardless of which face is up, your Duo continually tracks your daily steps and distance. To check these stats, simply press the bottom button on the digital side of your Duo to scroll through the five stat screens. The last two will display your steps and distance.
- On the digital side, press the top left button once, then hold it down for 3 seconds.
- Press it again to log in 50-calorie increments.
- Press the bottom button to save, then confirm yes or no.
Record A Workout
- Press the top left button once (from the digital side).
- Then hold the bottom button for 3 seconds.
- Press the top button again.
- Then press the bottom button to choose yes or no to start.
- To end your workout, press the bottom button. Confirm yes or no, then yes or no to save.
Upgrade Your Membership
If you want a more personalized fitness experience, you can always upgrade your account to a paid membership.
With that, you’ll receive your very own personalized fitness plan, complete with daily recommendations for exercise, nutrition, activity, and sleep. These recommendations are completely unique to you as they’re based on your individual information and goals.
We’ll tell you exactly what you need to do. There’s no guesswork involved. All you have to do is stick to the plan!
There are two places you can upgrade your membership:
- At the very end of initial setup (after the Duo walk-through).
- From the side nav menu in the app. Just tap the blue button at the bottom!
Hopefully this article helped you get to know your Duo a little better. If you’d like more information, you can read the owner’s manual here.
Please leave any questions that you might have in the comments! We’d be more than happy to answer them for you.
Social Media Manager
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.