Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes: 8 servings
Serving size: ½ cup
- 1 cup leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- Fill a large pot with water, then bring it to a boil.
- While water is heating up, mix together all the ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Knead for about 5 minutes, or until it has a doughy texture.
- On a floured surface, divide the dough into three balls.
- Using your hand, roll out each ball into a long rope.
- If you have a gnocchi roller, use it to roll out the dough. Alternatively, you can use the prongs of a fork to make small indentations.
- Cut each gnocchi about 1 inch long.
- Once the water is boiling, add a third of the gnocchis to it.
- They’ll sink to the bottom, then rise to the top.
- Once they’re at the top, cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Skim them off of the top, then set them aside.
- Cook the remaining batches of gnocchi.
- Serve with your favorite sauce—marinara’s a great one!
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||130 (20 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||23g (1g dietary fiber, 0g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.