- 2 sugar pumpkins (size of a small cantaloup)*
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon (vegetable bouillon for vegetarian or vegan)
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 large russet potato
- 1 medium white onion
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth (vegetable for vegetarian or vegan)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Carve open the top of the pumpkin to make a lid, then scoop out the seeds and pumpkin strings. (Save seeds to bake later.)
- With a basting brush, lightly coat the outside of the pumpkins with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Fill each pumpkin with ½ cup coconut milk, ½ teaspoon red curry paste, and ½ teaspoon chicken bouillon.
- Place the top back on.
- Toss the cauliflower, onion, and potato with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, curry powder, and turmeric.
- Spread the chopped vegetables on a foil-lined baking sheet in a single layer next to the pumpkins.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- While the pumpkins are baking, cook the quinoa in chicken broth, according to package directions.
- Once the pumpkins have finished baking, toss the veggies and quinoa together.
- Place the mixture inside of the pumpkins.
- Scrape the sides of the pumpkin, being careful not to pierce the skin.
- Mix everything together and serve!
*You can also do single serve pumpkins if you do softball size sugar pumpkins and just divide the filling accordingly. The cooking time remains the same.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||340 (110 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||53g (6g dietary fiber, 10g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.