Throughout my college years, I was poor and ate a lot of whole wheat pasta with tomato sauce. To try and switch things up, I would add different spices and discovered that curry and cinnamon taste amazing when paired with tomatoes. So switch up pasta night and give this family-friendly, easy, one-pot meal a try! If you’d like some extra protein, make it with your favorite meat.
Curried Tomato Pasta
Recipe Type: Rice/Pasta
Serving Size: 2 cups
Makes 5 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 (29-ounce) can low-sodium tomato sauce
- 5 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups uncooked, whole wheat pasta
- Heat olive oil in a large pot.
- Add onions and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add curry powder and sauté until tender.
- Add tomatoes, vegetable broth, and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil, then add pasta.
- Cover and cook until tender—about 20 minutes.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||260 (30 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||51g (8g dietary fiber, 11g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.