This soup was a popular request among our iFit team! It was even inspired by one of our team members who requested that we make a soup loaded with sausage and tortellini. We beefed it up with delicious veggies, and even found a way to make it extra creamy without the calorie-loaded, heavy cream. Trust me, if you are looking for a hearty soup this one is sure to satisfy.
Creamy Sausage Tortellini Soup
Recipe Type: Soup
Serving Size: 1 cup
Makes 10 servings
- 1 pound turkey Italian sausage
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup flour
- 9 cups chicken broth
- 12 ounces cheese tortellini
- 10 ounces spinach
- 1 cup half and half
- Salt to taste
- In a large pot, cook the Italian sausage over medium heat. Once the sausage is cooked through, remove it from the pot and set aside.
- Add the onions, garlic, carrots, and celery. Sauté for about 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Add the seasonings and dust the vegetables with flour. Allow to cook for 10 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Once the soup is boiling, add the tortellini and cook for 8 minutes or until desired tenderness.
- Turn heat down to medium and add the spinach and half and half. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||260 (90 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||29g (3g dietary fiber, 6g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.