- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup cocoa
- ½ cup garbanzo beans
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Peppermint Buttercream Frosting
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons 1% milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peppermint candies, crushed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, salt, and cocoa.
- In a food processor, cream together beans, butter, and brown sugar.
- Add in the milk, egg, and vanilla.
- Blend until smooth.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
- Mix until well combined.
- Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray or use baking mat.
- Drop about 1 tablespoon of the cookie batter and space them about 2–3 inches apart.
- Bake for 8–10 minutes
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- While cookies are cooling, make the frosting
- Cream together the powdered sugar, butter, milk, vanilla, peppermint extract, and salt.
- Spread about 2 teaspoons of frosting on the cookies.
- Garnish with crushed peppermint, if desired.
*Nutrition analysis done without crushed peppermints on top
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||70 (20 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||14g (1g dietary fiber, 10g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.