Craving chocolate? Skip the candy bar and get your fix with this sweet, crunchy granola. It’s a chocolate-and-coconut lover’s dream snack that’s also gluten-free and vegan! You’ll love the dark, smooth taste, and your body will love the extra fiber and protein. It only takes 30 minutes to make, and stores incredibly well, so you can have it on hand whenever a craving kicks in. Go ahead and indulge!
Chocolate Coconut Granola
Recipe Type: Breakfast
Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Makes 20 servings
- 4 cups old fashioned oats (gluten-free, if necessary)
- ½ cup unsweetened, shredded coconut, divided
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup honey (agave for vegan)
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, ¼ cup shredded coconut, oil, honey, and cocoa powder.
- Spread evenly on the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, stir, then rotate the pan. Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Cool, then mix with the chocolate chunks and remaining ¼ cup shredded coconut. Store in an airtight container.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||180 (80 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||21g (3g dietary fiber, 8g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.