I’m a BIG fan of marinades. I like my food, especially my steak, to have a lot of flavor. And by using a thinly-sliced steak that’s been marinated overnight, you can really pump up the spice in each bite. This marinade is flavorful, and has just a little heat. If you like more heat, you can easily increase the amount of chipotle peppers. So skip the steak with boring, old steak sauce and try this yummy marinade, instead!
Chipotle Chimichurri Steak
8 hr 10 min
Recipe Type: Dinner
Serving Size: 4 ounces (3 ounces cooked)
Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh, spicy oregano, chopped (you can also use regular)
- 1 tablespoon chipotle in adobo
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound thinly-sliced sirloin steak
- Place all the ingredients (except for the steak) into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Marinate steak in sauce overnight for best results.
- Place steak on a preheated grill and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper if desired.
*Nutrition analysis was done with half of marinade.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||280 (160 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||2g (1g dietary fiber, 0g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.