This dish is often prepared as a quick casserole with mayonnaise, sour cream, and cream of chicken soup. Sometimes, it’s even topped with potato chips! All these ingredients make for one heavy, calorie-loaded dish. Our version is lightened up, so your loved ones can enjoy a favorite dish, while you stay within your calorie limits!
Recipe Type: Chicken
Serving Size: 1 portion
Makes 6 servings
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 pound shredded chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika, divided
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ¾ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup 1% milk
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup plain, fat-free Greek yogurt
- ½ cup low-fat Swiss cheese
- ¼ cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the broccoli for about three minutes. Spread the broccoli on the bottom of a greased 9×13” pan, then spread the chicken on top.
- In a saucepan, sauté the garlic with the olive oil. Add the seasonings, reserving ⅛ teaspoon paprika. Slowly pour in the broth and milk. Whisk in the flour, stirring until it begins to thicken.
- Add the vinegar and stir in the yogurt and cheeses.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the chicken and broccoli, then sprinkle with ⅛ teaspoon paprika. Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Divide into 6 portions and enjoy!
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||220 (100 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||7g (1g dietary fiber, 1g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.