- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium leek, chopped (3 cups)
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cubed (6 cups)
- 1 small cauliflower head, chopped (4 cups)
- 2½ cups low-sodium vegetable broth (reserve ½ cup)
- 2 cups milk (1%)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon powdered garlic
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Heat butter in a large pot. Add leeks and sauté on medium, until softened. Add butternut squash and sauté another 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, 2 cups vegetable broth, milk, and seasonings. Heat on medium-low until vegetables are tender—about 20 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Mix ½ cup cold vegetable broth and cornstarch together. Add to soup and bring to a boil for 2-3 minutes. This will help the soup thicken.
- Serve hot.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||170 (60 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||25g (4g dietary fiber, 8g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.