Fall is here and it is a perfect time to enjoy some flavorful butternut squash! We used butternut squash to make a delicious bisque that is super easy to make. I love dipping pieces of bread into it for a heartier bite. Hint: Don’t discard the vegetable broth so you can reuse it in another soup!
Butternut Squash Bisque
Recipe Type: Soup
Serving Size: 2 cups
Makes 4 servings
- 30 ounces cubed butternut squash
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 12 garlic cloves
- 9 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- Pumpkin seeds
- Roasted chickpeas
- In a medium sized pot, add the squash, onions, garlic, and vegetable broth cook until the the squash is tender about 20 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the squash, onions, and garlic and place them in the food processor. Try not to get any broth. Blend the squash, onions, and garlic until smooth.
- Add all of the spices and blend until smooth.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||160 (5 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||40g (6g dietary fiber, 11g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.