- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1–2 drops almond extract
- 1–2 drops caramel extract
- Sprinkle of salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- Mix together egg, milk, cinnamon, extracts, and salt in a shallow, wide dish.
- Heat butter in a skillet and and allow to heat until it starts to smell sweet and turn golden brown. Be sure not to let the milk solids from the butter burn.
- Dip bread in the batter on both sides, then fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Top with your favorite things and enjoy this indulgent (but slightly healthier) breakfast—perfect for a morning in bed!
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||230 (130 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||17g (2g dietary fiber, 3g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.