Craving your favorite Mexican food without all the grease? This burrito bowl is loaded with healthy ingredients, so you can enjoy the flavor without blowing your diet! Plus, it has plenty of protein and fiber to help you stay full on fewer calories. With delicious guacamole dressing and a simple recipe to follow, tonight will feel like a fiesta!
Recipe Type: Mexican
Serving Size: 1 bowl
Makes 6 servings
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1½ cups corn
- 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 avocado
- 5 ounces fat-free, plain Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 6 green onions, diced
- ¾ cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¾ cup salsa
- Heat olive oil in a large pan, add chicken and spices and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add corn and beans and continue to cook another 3 minutes.
- Next, add cooked rice and cilantro. Mix and continue to heat another minute.
- Blend the dressing ingredients until smooth.
- Add 1 cup of the chicken rice mixture into each bowl with 1 cup lettuce and 2 tablespoons guacamole dressing. Toss.
- Top the each burrito bowl with ½ tomato, 1 green onion, 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, and 2 tablespoons salsa. Enjoy!
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||390 (90 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||45g (10g dietary fiber, 7g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.