- 5 thick slices of bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, diced
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
- ½ cup dried cranberries (unsweetened for paleo)
- 4 large eggs
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large, 12-inch cast iron skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crispy.
- Remove the bacon and set aside, but leave the rendered bacon fat.
- Add the shallot and garlic to the pan and cook until fragrant.
- Add the sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts to the pan.
- Stir and cook the sweet potatoes until they’re zsoft and the Brussels sprouts have a few, brown spots. This can take several minutes.
- Stir in bacon and cranberries, then remove the pan from heat.
- Make 4 wells in the cooked mixture.
- Break one egg into each well.
- Place the skillet in the oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the eggs are set, but the yolk is still runny. (If you’re camping, cooking time may be longer over a fire. Be sure to keep it covered for best results.)
- Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Serve immediately!
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||280 (100 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||34g (5g dietary fiber, 14g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.