Stuffed Breakfast Tomatoes are a fun, paleo twist on breakfast! Roasting the tomatoes caramelizes the natural sugars, adding a touch of sweetness to the meal. At only 130 calories, and with 8 grams of protein, you’ll have a healthy, low-calorie breakfast. Forget tomatoes on eggs. Try these eggs inside of a roasted tomato, instead!
Stuffed Tomatoes for Breakfast
Recipe Type: Breakfast
Serving Size: 1 stuffed tomato
Makes 4 servings
- 4 large tomatoes, top and stem sliced off and partially hollowed out
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 eggs
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large baking dish, drizzle the tomatoes with the olive oil, then sprinkle with the Italian seasoning.
- Roast for 25 minutes at 400°F.
- Remove the tomatoes. Fill each tomato with an egg. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 15 more minutes.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||140 (80 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||8g (2g dietary fiber, 5g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.