Get the most out of your iFit Bluetooth Equipment!
iFit has a variety of Bluetooth® equipment that’ll make your workout experience one of a kind. Follow these simple instructions to find out how to get the most out of your equipment.
What you’ll need:
- Android tablet or iPad
- iFit Coach membership
- iFit Bluetooth enabled elliptical, treadmill, incline trainer, or stationary bike
- WiFi connection
To start using iFit’s amazing workout programs, download the iFit Smart Cardio tablet app. It’s available on iOS and Android. (If located outside of the U.S. download the iFit Bluetooth app).
Then, follow these steps:
- Join iFit by visiting www.iFit.com.
- Purchase or activate your iFit Coach membership.
- Schedule or create a workout on iFit.com.
- Sign into your iFit account.
- Turn Bluetooth on.
- Follow the guided walkthrough to sync your device with your machine.
- Start a workout.
Once you’ve successfully connected to your equipment, the iFit Bluetooth tablet app will remember your machine and reconnect automatically. The iFit Bluetooth app will display a Bluetooth icon that indicates your connection status. When you’ve successfully connected to your equipment, it will light up with a blue icon. If there is no connection established, or if the connection has been lost, the icon will be grey. Be sure to only attempt to sync via the iFit Bluetooth tablet app to ensure the syncing process is successful. Your device and machine will not function or sync properly if you attempt to sync using your device’s own Bluetooth settings.
How to sync your iFit Bluetooth machine:
- Turn your machine on.
- Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on your device.
- Stay within range of your machine while you have your device to keep the connection.
If you’re attempting to connect, and are unsure which machine is yours, press the Bluetooth button on your equipment. Once the button has been pressed, it will display a 4-digit sync code that’s unique to your machine.
In order for your machine to perform correctly and to provide the best experience, make sure it’s updated with the latest firmware.
If your machine is not up-to-date on the latest firmware:
- Go to the settings menu.
- Check for any firmware updates.
- If an update is available, select the update.
- Don’t physically separate your device and equipment, and don’t disconnect or disable Bluetooth while it’s updating.
- If your update fails, force close the app.
- Open the app again.
- Attempt the firmware update again until you’re successful.
The iFit Smart Cardio app gives you full control over the speed and incline of your equipment during your workout, so you get a truly personalized experience.
How to control your workout using the iFit Bluetooth tablet app:
- Use the sliders on each side to increase or decrease the values of the speed and incline.
- Tap on the radio buttons in order to cycle through the metrics. This’ll allow you to view all of the different metrics available for your workout.
- Select the “Resume Incline,” or “Resume Speed” options to get back to the initial pre-programmed values for your workout.
- If Street View is available, swipe between the views left and right to see various screens and statistics.
There you go! Now you have all the info you need to stay motivated and improve your workout experience.
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.