- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons 0% Greek yogurt
- ½ cup shredded almonds
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup milk (1%)
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix oatmeal, flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Add yogurt, almonds, vanilla, and milk. Mix.
- Add dry ingredients and blueberries to the banana mixture, stirring until combined.
- Roll into a circle (about ¾ of an inch thick) and cut into wedges, like slices of a pie.
- Grease a cookie sheet and place the scones on a pan so they are not touching.
- If desired, top scones with turbinado sugar or some extra oats.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes until slightly golden and the scones hold their shape.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||180 (45 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||30g (5g dietary fiber, 6g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.