These delicious, low-fat muffins combine two of my favorite flavors, and contain only 130 calories and 1 gram of fat! These freeze well and make an excellent on-the-go breakfast, so you may want to double the batch if you find yourself skipping breakfast often on busy mornings. Every morning is better when it is a muffin morning!
Blueberry Banana Muffins
Recipe Type: Breakfast
Serving Size: 1 muffin
Makes 12 serving
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- ⅓ cup honey (agave for vegan)
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg (flax egg for vegan)
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1½ cups frozen or fresh blueberries
- Line or spray a muffin tin.
- Mix bananas, honey, applesauce, and egg in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients. Add to the wet ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
- Fold in blueberries and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||130 (10 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||29g (3g dietary fiber, 13g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.