This is a snack that’ll be a big hit at any social gathering—it’s especially perfect for a New Year’s Eve party! It makes a great impression with its bright, magenta coloring. High in fiber and protein, it’s great served with veggies or as a spread. Even kids are obsessed with it, since they get to dunk their veggies into bright pink dip!
Recipe Type: snack/Appetizer
Serving Size: 1/4 cup
makes 8 servings
- 3 cloves garlic, roasted
- 1 medium or two small beets, canned or freshly roasted
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- To roast the garlic, slice the top off of a head of garlic and place it in a large piece of tin foil. Wrap the bottom and sides, leaving the top open. Drizzle olive oil over the top, then wrap the exposed portion with remaining tin foil. Place in an oven or toaster oven at 400°F for 30–35 minutes. Once cooled, the garlic will be soft, like butter, and easily squeeze out of the tough shells.
- In a food processor, add all of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Chill until ready to use.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||140 (70 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||14g (5g dietary fiber, 2g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.