- 1½ tablespoons yeast
- ¾ cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½–2 cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup Parmesan, grated
- ½ cup sharp white cheddar
- 1½ cups strawberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chiffonade
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 450°F. If using a pizza stone, place it in the oven while it’s preheating.
- Add yeast and warm water into a mixer and let sit for 2–3 minutes.
- Using a dough hook, mix in sugar, salt, garlic powder, oil, and flour.
- Add in 1½ cups flour, adding more flour gradually until the dough forms a ball around the hook and the sides of the bowl are clean.
- Let rest 5 minutes. Remove from bowl and knead for 5 minutes, then allow to rest 5 more minutes.
- Roll out until round and about ¼–½-inch thick, depending on preference.
- Place on hot pizza stone or greased cookie sheet and poke with a fork to prevent bubbling.
- Top the pizza crust with Parmesan, white cheddar, and sliced strawberries.
- Place in oven and bake until crust is crisp and cheese is melted, about 10–15 minutes.
- While pizza is baking, make the balsamic reduction. In a small pan over medium-low heat, combine vinegar and honey.
- Gently simmer until for 10 minutes or until volume is reduced to half.
- After pizza is done baking, remove from oven and top with fresh basil, pepper, and lightly drizzle the reduction over it. Slice into eighths and enjoy!
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||410 (110 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||63g (8g dietary fiber, 20 sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.