I love to use produce at the peak of it’s season, so when asparagus season comes around, I buy bundles and enjoy the crisp, light flavor. I really like this recipe, because it’s an easy, “less-mess” way to enjoy fish and veggies. The salmon provides protein, omega 3s, high amounts of vitamin B12, and vitamin D (wild salmon has even more vitamin D). Asparagus also has fiber and many other vitamins and minerals, but lacks B12 and vitamin D, so they make the perfect pair of both nutrients and flavor!
Baked Salmon and Asparagus
Recipe Type: Fish
Serving Size: 1 foil wrap
Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 2½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 4 (5-ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut four sheets of aluminum foil about 14” long. Place 8 spears of asparagus on each piece of foil.
- In a small bowl, stir together oil and garlic. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of the oil mixture over the asparagus. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Sprinkle remaining salt and pepper on each side of the fillets. Place on top of the asparagus. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of the oil mixture over the top of each fillet. Top with two slices of lemon.
- Wrap the foil inward over the salmon, then fold in the top and bottom of the foil to enclose the fillet and asparagus.
- On a baking sheet, place the foil pouches in a single layer. Bake until salmon is cooked through—about 20 minutes.
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||400 (250 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||7g (3g dietary fiber, 3g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.