Your favorite bowl of oatmeal, baked in a delectable muffin! My favorite combinations: pomegranates with pecan, blueberry, cranberry with walnuts, and coconut with almonds.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Makes 16 muffins
Serving size: 1 muffin
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1½ cups 1% milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups old fashioned oats (gluten-free, if needed)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- *Optional: your favorite toppings—fruit, nuts, or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk the eggs, oil, and brown sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add applesauce, milk, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. Stir until well combined.
- Mix in the baking powder.
- Stir in the oatmeal, one cup at a time.
- Fill muffin tin with cupcake liners. Distribute ¼ cup batter into each cup.
- Sprinkle with optional toppings, then press them down into the batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container. (This is a great recipe to double and freeze so you’re prepared for those rushed mornings. )
Per serving: 160 calories (45 from fat), 5g total fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 30mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 24g carbohydrates (2g dietary fiber, 12g sugar), 4g protein.
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.