Bacon and Brussels sprouts are an unexpected, yet perfect pair. Throw them on a pizza together, and your life will be changed forever! We sautéed the Brussels sprouts in the bacon drippings, so they would soak up more of that bacon flavor we love. When we taste-tested this recipe, all of our coworkers loved it! Trust me—there won’t be any leftovers when you make this incredible pizza.
Bacon and Brussels Sprouts Pizza
Recipe Type: Dinner
Serving Size: 2 slices
Makes 4 servings
- 5 pieces of bacon, chopped
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, shredded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 whole wheat pizza crust
- 1 cup Parmesan, shredded
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large, cast iron skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crispy. Remove to a plate, then set aside. Reserve the bacon fat.
- Sauté the Brussels sprouts in the bacon fat for 3–5 minutes, then set aside with the bacon.
- Spread the olive oil and minced garlic on top of the Whole Wheat Crust.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan over the pizza, then top with bacon, Brussels sprouts, purple onion, and goat cheese.
- Bake for 7–10 min, or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle with balsamic vinegar, then sprinkle with crushed red pepper.
- Slice into 8 equal slices and enjoy!
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||510 (260 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||43g (8g dietary fiber, 5g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.