I love to cook, but sometimes, especially after a long day, I don’t want to have to measure 15 ingredients, dirty multiple pots, or spend 30 minutes cutting produce for dinner. I love that this dinner requires just a little prep, a few ingredients, and still gives me two servings of veggies. My mother always told me to have at least two colors of veggies at dinner, and I totally agree. You’ll get a variety of vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals that’ll help your body thrive. So next time you’re tired and unmotivated to cook, skip the boxed dinner and make this easy dish, instead!
3-ingredient Stuffed Peppers
Recipe Type: Pork
Serving Size: 2 havles
Makes 3 servings
- ½ pound mild country (or Italian) sausage
- 3 ounces cauliflower
- 3 medium-sized bell peppers
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium-sized skillet, brown the sausage. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse cauliflower until the texture is like rice. Mix with the sausage.
- Cut the bell peppers in half, then remove the seeds and membranes.
- Fill each pepper with the sausage mixture. Place in a baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the peppers are tender. Enjoy!
|NUTRITIONAL INFO||PER SERVING|
|Calories||270 (220 from fat)|
|Carbohydrate||9g (3g dietary fiber, 5g sugar)|
WARNING: This post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. iFit assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.