Make a caprese sald vegan style, from our friends at Whole Foods
- 1 (14-ounce) package 365 Everyday Value® Firm Tofu, drained and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 1/2 pound tomatoes (about 4 medium), sliced
- 1/3 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves, sliced if large
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Halve tofu block lengthwise, and then cut each half into 12 equal slices. Place slices close together on the cutting board and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the vinegar and salt. Transfer slices to a rack fitted into a rimmed baking sheet and refrigerate, uncovered, 8 hours or overnight to dry out and absorb flavor.
Fan tomato slices out on a platter. Tuck tofu and basil between slices. Sprinkle salad with remaining vinegar and pepper and serve.
Per Serving: 80 calories (30 from fat), 3.5g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 20mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber, 3g sugar), 7g protein