Enjoy your refreshing summer salad from our friends at Whole Foods
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 Thai chiles, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 pounds skirt steak or sirloin flap, cut in 2 pieces
- 4 cups thinly sliced baby bok choy
- 6 radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 small cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup lightly packed basil leaves, sliced
- 1/2 cup lightly packed mint leaves, sliced
- 1/2 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves, sliced
Whisk together lime juice, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, shallot and chiles. Place half of mixture (about 6 tablespoons) in a wide shallow dish and add steak. Cover and marinate, turning occasionally, at least 30 minutes. Chill remaining lime juice mixture separately to dress the salad.
Prepare a grill for high-heat cooking or preheat broiler. Remove steak from marinade; place on grill or broiler pan and cook until desired doneness, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Rest steak 10 minutes, then slice thinly against the grain.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine bok choy, radishes, cucumbers, carrots, basil, mint and cilantro. Toss with reserved lime juice mixture. Spread salad over a large platter and arrange steak over salad.
PER SERVING:280 calories (110 from fat), 13g total fat, 5g saturated fat, 60mg cholesterol, 700mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber, 7g sugar), 29g protein