Enjoy fresh asparagus and broccoli in a cup of soup, from our friends at Whole Foods
- 6 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 1 large leek, white and light green parts only, sliced
- 2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (1-pound) bunch asparagus, woody stems snapped off and discarded, spears cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups coarsely chopped broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Heat 1/2 cup broth in a large pot over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, add leek and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 6 minutes. Add remaining broth and potatoes and bring to a boil. Stir in asparagus and broccoli and return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer gently until vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove pot from heat and set aside to let cool slightly.
Carefully transfer soup to a blender and purée in batches until smooth. Ladle soup into bowls, garnish with chives and serve.
Per Serving: 80 calories (0 from fat), 0g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g dietary fiber, 3g sugar), 3g protein