A great way to start off your day from our friends at Whole Foods
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons expeller-pressed canola oil, divisé
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 (10-once) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 gros œufs
- 1 cup milk
In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook 5 à 6 minutes or until tender and browned. Stir in spinach and cilantro and remove from heat. Let cool.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Dans un petit bol, whisk together eggs and milk. Whisk egg mixture into flour mixture until blended. Stir in cooled spinach mixture just until evenly blended.
In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil over medium-high heat until hot. Drop pancake batter by scant 1/4 cupfuls and cook 1 à 2 minutes per side or until golden on both sides. Add more oil and adjust heat as needed. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
PAR PORTION: 200 calories (80 à partir de matières grasses), 9g lipides, 2g de graisses saturées, 95mg de cholestérol, 380mg de sodium, 24g de glucides (4g de fibres alimentaires, 4g de sucre), 9g de protéines