A great way to start off your day from our friends at Whole Foods
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons expeller-pressed canola oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook 5 to 6 minutes or until tender and browned. Stir in spinach and cilantro and remove from heat. Let cool.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Whisk egg mixture into flour mixture until blended. Stir in cooled spinach mixture just until evenly blended.
In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil over medium-high heat until hot. Drop pancake batter by scant 1/4 cupfuls and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side or until golden on both sides. Add more oil and adjust heat as needed. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
PER SERVING: 200 calories (80 from fat), 9g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 95mg cholesterol, 380mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g dietary fiber, 4g sugar), 9g protein