Spice up your seafood from our friends at Whole Foods
- 1/8 cup Sriracha chili sauce
- 1/8 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 handful cilantro, roughly chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds large shrimp (16 to 20 count), deveined
Mix together the Sriracha, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, cilantro and sugar. Season aggressively with salt and pepper. Put in a 1-gallon plastic bag, add the shrimp and mix together in the bag. Marinate in the fridge for 2 to 4 hours, or longer.
Heat a grill. Skewer the shrimp (4 to 6 shrimp per skewer) and grill until pink and delicious, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove the shrimp from the grill, slide the shrimp from the skewer using a fork, and pile on a serving platter. Sprinkle with finely chopped cilantro, and spear toothpicks in a few shrimp. Watch them disappear.
PER SERVING: Serving size: 3 large shrimp, 170 calories (40 from fat), 4.5g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 270mg cholesterol, 610mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0g dietary fiber, 1g sugar), 29g protein