The perfect salad for summer, from our friends at Whole Foods
- 2 tablespo
- ons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup dried currants
- 1 bunch collard greens (about 1/2 pound), ribs removed, leaves very thinly sliced
- 2 ounces Manchego cheese, thinly shaved with a vegetable peeler
In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, chile flakes and salt. Add currants, toss well and set aside to let plump for 10 minutes. Add collard greens and cheese, and toss to combine.
Alternatively, heat the vinaigrette and currants in a large skillet. Add collards to the skillet and gently wilt. Remove collards from the heat and top with cheese.
Per Serving: 150 calories (90 from fat), 11g total fat, 3g saturated fat, 10mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber, 9g sugar), 4g protein