The perfect dish for dinner, dai nostri amici a Whole Foods
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour, diviso
- 1 cup sweet potato purée, diviso
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cucchiaino di sale marino multa, plus more to taste, diviso
- 1/4 cucchiaino di pepe nero macinato
- 3 medium red potatoes (circa 1 pound), cubed
- 2 disossata, cosce di pollo senza pelle (circa 1/2 pound), cubed
- 1 yellow onion, tritato
- 2 cups frozen chopped leafy greens, such as kale, spinach or collard greens
- 3 cups frozen mixed peas and carrots
- 2 cups frozen yellow or white corn
- 1 cup lowfat buttermilk
- 3/4 cup fine yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
In a (6-quart) slow cooker, vigorously whisk together broth, 1/2 cup of the flour, 1/4 cup of the sweet potato purée, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and pepper. Stir in potatoes, pollo, cipolla, leafy greens, and cook on the low setting, stirring occasionally until thickened, fragrant and very tender, circa 8 ore.
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Stir peas and carrots and corn into the slow cooker and cook for 30 minuti in più.
Meanwhile make the biscuits. In a large bowl, whisk together buttermilk, remaining 3/4 cup sweet potato purée and remaining 1/2 cucchiaino di sale. Whisk in remaining 1 tazza di farina, cornmeal and baking soda, just until combined. Drop onto a large, parchment-paper-lined baking sheet to form 12 biscuits. Bake until golden brown and cooked through, circa 20 minuti. (Biscuits will puff, spread and bake together.)
When ready to serve, stir parsley into pot pie mixture and salt to taste. Spoon into bowls. Top each serving with a sweet potato biscuit.
Per Serving: 230 calorie (25 dal grasso), 3g di grassi totali, 0.5g di grassi saturi, 15mg di colesterolo, 650mg di sodio, 40g di carboidrati (6g fibre alimentari, 4g di zucchero), 13proteine g