We can’t think of a better combination of Shrimp, Lettuce Wraps and Spring rolls, dai nostri amici a Whole Foods
- Spring Rolls
- 1 pound frozen shrimp, scongelati
- 4 ounces thin rice noodles
- 2 carote, peeled and grated
- 5 scallions, green and white parts cut into 1/2-inch lengths
- 1 medium cucumber, pelato, seeded and cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- Generous handfuls fresh Thai (or regular) basilico, mint and cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup peanuts, tritato
- 1 head green-leaf lettuce, leaves separated, rinsed and dried
- 1 (-oncia) package spring roll wrappers
- Dipping Sauce
- 1 Thai chile pepper or jalapeño, tritato finemente
- Juice from 1 large lime (circa 1/4 tazza)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 cucchiai di salsa di pesce
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 2 spicchi d'aglio, tritato finemente
Lessare, steam, grill or broil the shrimp. Set aside to cool. Peel, devein and halve the shrimp.
Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Take from heat and add rice noodles. Let soften for about 10 minuti. Drain thoroughly.
Arrange carrots, scallions, cetriolo, sprouts and herbs on a platter. Put shrimp, noodles and peanuts in bowls. Stack lettuce leaves on a plate.
Make the dipping sauce by combining the chili and lime juice in a small bowl. Add the sugar, salsa di pesce, carrot and garlic and stir until the sugar dissolves. Serve in small bowls.
For lettuce wraps, pile some of each ingredient on a lettuce leaf. Roll or fold the leaf around the ingredients, forming a package. Serve with dipping sauce.
For spring rolls, dip a wrapper in hot water for about 10 secondi. Spread on a cutting board or plate and layer ingredients on bottom third of wrapper. Fold the bottom of the wrapper up over the ingredients. Fold in sides, then continue rolling up. Place seam side down on plate.
Serve with dipping sauce.
Per Serving: Porzioni: Spring Roll, 550 calorie (70 dal grasso), 8g di grassi totali, 1g di grassi saturi, 220mg di colesterolo, 790mg di sodio, 84g di carboidrati (6g fibre alimentari, 6g di zucchero), 38proteine g